Gain knowledge, practical advice and strategies to engage dads and families in positive and effective ways.
You’ll learn in depth about our fatherhood resources and professionals’ toolkit and, by the end of this workshop, will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of what makes dads important
- articulate the 7 different ways to be a dad
- demonstrate an awareness of dad-focused programs, research and work across Australia
- promote dads effectively
- support dads to create positive family relationships
- articulate how to maintain work and family balance for dads
- use skills and strategies to create a dad-focused service
- demonstrate an understanding of the issues related to working from home - how are dads going?
- formulate a plan for future work with dads.
Professionals and services working with fathers and families
About the presenter
Dominic Alford is the Project Coordinator of Support for Fathers at Relationships Australia Victoria and has been highlighting the role of men as fathers in the prevention of family violence. He has worked in the welfare sector for 12 years across child protection, family services, foster care, parent education and teaching. To learn more about the Support for Fathers project, visit www.supportforfathers.com.au
Relationships Australia Victoria is funded by the Department of Social Services, as part of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022, to deliver the Support for Fathers project.