connectEDspace - support for young people

Young people can face all sorts of pressures – including problems at school, with friends or at home.
connectEDspace is a website by Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV), dedicated to young people to help provide all the information they need to deal with the stuff they go through each day.

Aboriginal Family and Relationship Support

RAV provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and individuals to help strengthen family relationships.

Counselling provides an opportunity to talk with a professionally trained person to discuss couple issues, conflicts with friends, relationship breakdown, parenting, domestic violence, anxiety, depression, grief, sexual problems, childhood sexual abuse, stress and work related tensions and disputes.


About the Disability Royal Commission [DOCX 44KB]

About the Disability Royal Commission Easy Read [DOCX 44KB]

Information about the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability

The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability (the Commission) is investigating the mistreatment of people with a disability in Australia. Mistreatment is more likely to happen to people with disability than people without disability.

The Commission has been established by the Australian Government, but it is independent from the government. The Commission was announced in April 2019. It is the highest form of inquiry in Australia.

The Commission is examining services provided for people with disability by governments (including the federal, state and local governments), institutions and community organisations. It will also identify ways that these groups can protect people with disability in future.

The Commission is looking at all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation, as well as the places where these things may occur. This includes in homes, services or other places. It will also consider what can be done to stop these things happening, including how to make it easier to report a problem, have it investigated and resolved.

The Commission is exploring how Australia can become a more inclusive place where everyone can live a safe and independent life. It will listen to people with disability and ensure they have a say in decisions that affect them. It will also look specifically at the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, those from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people who are members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer and Asexual (LGBTIQA+) community.

The Commission is operated by Commissioners. It is their role to undertake this inquiry into the violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.

The Commission will hold hearings around Australia. Anyone with disability who has experienced mistreatment, or anyone who has witnessed the mistreatment of a person with disability, can provide written or verbal information to the Commission, or can ask to speak to the Commissioners. For more information about asking for a hearing, visit the Commission’s website.

The Commission can be contacted in three ways:

The Commission is being funded for three years. Funding is also being provided for advocacy and counselling to support people with disability to take part in the Commission.

Counselling and support services, starting 9 December 2019

Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) provides free and confidential support to people affected by the Commission, including information and help to make a submission to the Commission.

To find out more or use our services, contact us by calling our dedicated phone number or emailing our dedicated email address:

Our service is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, except on public holidays and between Christmas and New Year.

Communication assistance

Interpreters are available for languages other than English if required.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, we welcome calls through the National Relay Service (NRS).

Step 1: Call 133 677

Step 2: Choose your access options. Visit the National Relay Service website for different call numbers.

Step 3: When asked by the relay officer, provide our phone number 1 800 317 387.

For urgent assistance

If you are currently experiencing any form of violence or abuse, or are concerned for your safety, call emergency services on 000 and ask for the Police.

If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call one of the following services:

  • If you are feeling overwhelmed or thinking about self-harm or suicide, call:
    Lifeline Crisis Support on 13 11 14 at any time
  • If you need free, immediate, short-term counselling with a trained mental health professional, call:
    Beyond Blue on 1 300 22 46 36 at any time
  • For information and support, call:
    Disability Royal Commission National Counselling & Referral service on 1800 421 468 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.

About the Disability Royal Commission [DOCX 44KB]

About the Disability Royal Commission Easy Read [DOCX 44KB]