connectEDspace - support for young people

Young people can face all sorts of pressures – including problems at school, with friends or at home.
connectEDspace is a website by Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV), dedicated to young people to help provide all the information they need to deal with the stuff they go through each day.

Aboriginal Family and Relationship Support

RAV provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and individuals to help strengthen family relationships.

Counselling provides an opportunity to talk with a professionally trained person to discuss couple issues, conflicts with friends, relationship breakdown, parenting, domestic violence, anxiety, depression, grief, sexual problems, childhood sexual abuse, stress and work related tensions and disputes.


Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:

We are continuing to safely support people during the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. For more information, visit our COVID-19 response page.

While the Disability Royal Commission has suspended face-to-face sessions during the COVID-19 period, they are still operating. People can share their experience on the phone, in writing or by making an audio or video recording. The Disability Royal Commission recognises that people with disabilities may be disproportionately affected by the pandemic due to a range of factors including underlying health conditions but also because they may not be adequately considered in government and community responses to the virus.

RAV's counselling and support service understands that this a confusing and anxious time for people with disabilities, their carers and supporters. We understand that people with disabilities will be more impacted during this time. We are still here for you and able to support you. To find out how we can assist you, or to make an appointment, please see the information below, email us or call 1 800 317 387.


Download our Easy English booklet [PDF 824KB]

Download the information on this page as a word document: RAV Disability Counselling Support Client Information [DOCX 44KB]

Download the information on this page as a PDF flyer: RAV Disability Counselling and Support Client Flyer 21005 [PDF 1MB]

Free and confidential support for people with disability who have had violence, abuse, neglect and/or exploitation perpetrated against them, and those impacted by the Disability Royal Commission

This free service is available to anyone who:

  • identifies as having a disability and have had violence, abuse, neglect, or exploitation perpetrated against them; and/or
  • is impacted by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with a Disability (the Disability Royal Commission) including people with disability, family, friends, carers, allies and support workers.

We would like to acknowledge the lived experiences of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples of the Stolen Generations and those who may have been affected by violence, abuse, neglect and/or exploitation. We welcome all Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples seeking the support of this service.

What is a disability?

A disability is a condition that gets in the way of your day to day functioning or wellbeing including:

  • Physical: Hard to walk or move
  • Hearing or sight: Hard to see or hear
  • Intellectual: Difficult to think or learn
  • Psychological: When emotions are painful and hard to live with

What is the Disability Royal Commission?

The Disability Royal Commission (DRC) is investigating ways to prevent and protect Australians with disability from experiences of violence, abuse neglect and exploitation. Through hearing the experiences of people with disability, their families, friends and allies, the DRC will make recommendations about how to improve laws, policies, structures and practices to ensure a more inclusive and just society. The DRC will run for three years, from 2019 to 2022.

What can we help with?

  • Information about the Disability Royal Commission.
  • Counselling support.
  • Support in deciding whether and how to make a submission, and in writing a submission.
  • Interpreting and translation services, if needed to access our service.
  • Information around the impacts of trauma, and skills and strategies to manage these impacts.
  • Help to access other services such as legal, advocacy, financial, housing, and physical and mental health support, including through warm referrals.

How can I access this service?

Our service can be provided over the telephone, via video-conferencing, or face-to-face at one of our centres across Victoria. Home visits may be possible under exceptional circumstances.

Getting started

To find out how we can support you, contact us:

Our service is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, except on public holidays and not between Christmas and New Year.

Interpreters are available for languages other than English if required.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, we welcome calls through the National Relay Service (NRS).

Step 1: Call 133 677

Step 2: Choose your access options. Visit the National Relay Service website for different call numbers.

Step 3: When asked by the relay officer, provide our phone number 1 800 317 387.

Relationships Australia Victoria is one of the two organisations in Victoria providing a Counselling and Support Service for People Affected by the Royal Commission. drummond street services is the other organisation.

Download our Easy English booklet [PDF 824KB]

Download the information on this page as a word document: RAV Disability Counselling Support Client Information [DOCX 44KB]

Download the information on this page as a PDF flyer: RAV Disability Counselling and Support Client Flyer 21005 [PDF 1MB]

For urgent assistance

If you are currently experiencing any form of violence or abuse, or are concerned for your safety, call emergency services on 000 and ask for the Police.

If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call one of the following services.

  • If you are feeling overwhelmed or thinking about self-harm or suicide, call:
    Lifeline Crisis Support on 13 11 14 at any time
  • If you need free, immediate, short-term counselling with a trained mental health professional, call:
    Beyond Blue on 1 300 22 46 36 at any time
  • For information and support, call:
    Disability Royal Commission National Counselling & Referral Service on 1800 421 468 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.