An early intervention relationship program, I like, like you introduces children to the knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote healthy relationships.
Adapted from the successful secondary school program, I like, like you is a circus-themed preventative initiative using a whole school approach to promote the connection between healthy relationships and emotional health and wellbeing.
Over four weekly sessions, trained facilitators work with students in groups exploring knowledge, practical skills and attitudes that encourage health relationships.
Topics explored can include the following.
- What does a safe and healthy relationship feel like?
- Power relations and identifying when a relationship is not safe for you.
- The connection between emotional health and healthy relationships.
- Healthy minds: practical skills for emotional health.
- Styles of communicating that harm relationships and what you can do instead.
- Managing the negatives and repairing after conflict.
- Boundaries: how to enjoy being friends and still be yourself.
- Attitudes and influences that support and harm relationships.
Download our I like, like you program guide here.