Tuning in to Kids is a highly regarded and well-researched program that supports parents to develop and enhance their parenting skills, focusing on building the relationship between parent and child.
- have a child aged three to six years?
- have difficulty managing your child’s behaviour?
- want to strengthen your parenting skills?
- want to learn ways to better connect with your child?
- feel concerned about the level of conflict in your home?
This free program teaches parents:
- to be aware and to regulate your own emotions
- to be aware of your child’s emotions
- to use your child’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills to help your child verbally name their emotions
- skills to help your child to problem solve
- to guide your child’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Targeted at the early years, this program is available to families with at least one child between the ages of three to six. Please note that only parents attend this program, not children