We are proud to provide services for all members of the community, regardless of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances. We believe that people, in all their diversity, have the right to live their lives safely and with dignity, with their families and within their communities, and to enjoy positive, respectful, safe and fulfilling relationships.
Recognising the different needs of diverse members of our community, we are committed to ensuring that our services are relevant and accessible. This includes to those from vulnerable and disadvantaged, culturally and linguistically diverse, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, and to members of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual (LGBTIQA+) communities.
Our Impact in 2018/19: A Snapshot
- 28, 570 clients
- 27, 701 counselling client contact hours
- 4008 children
- 3203 clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- 1300 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- 30.56% of our clients reported an income of $25,000 or less
- 50.03% of our clients had a need related to family violence
- 51.64% had a need related to mental health